We’d like to introduce you to and welcome our new Coach Adam Davis and his wife Kelli to the Coral Reef Family. Adam was born in Walnut Cove, NC. Adam and Kelli met in Lake Norman and were married on July 18, 2009. They have two dogs, a Cocker Spaniel named Peppers, and Foxi their King Charles Cavalier. They recently relocated to Jupiter, FL for Kelli’s job from Ocala, FL. For the past 2 1/2 years Adam was the Head Coach at Iron Legion where he helped grow the box into a 200+ athlete affiliate. Adams has been a Strength and Conditioning Coach for over 15 years.
Adam graduated in 2001 from High Point University in North Carolina with a Bachelor Degree in Exercise Science. While in school he interned with Petty Enterprises where he was introduced to the performance and strength component of NASCAR. Upon graduation he was offered a job working at Petty Enterprises as an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach and a pit crew team member (tire changer).
He continued his career in NASCAR going on to work for Hendrick Motorsports and Ginn Racing. During his final 4 years he left the pits to be the full time Strength and Conditioning Coach for Stewart Haas Racing. In 2010, Adam began implementing CrossFit techniques and ideologies into his programing. Some of his major NASCAR career achievements:
- Case Studies with Dr. Lightfoot and David Ferguson at UNC-Charlotte to test the pit crews VO2Max, DEXA, and Wingate to name a few. The studies continued at the Huffins Institute located at Texas A&M. The results were published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research in 2014.
- As the Head Coach for Stewart Haas Racing he played an intricate role with Tony Stewart’s 2011 Sprint Cup Championship.
Adam was drawn to CrossFit for many reasons but the mixture of olympic lifting, gymnastics, and body weight exercises is what he liked the most. He also enjoys the competitive side of CrossFit, both internal at structured events. Adam has a huge passion for coaching, seeing his athletes achieve their goals, improving peoples lives, and knowing he has had a part in the success of others.
http://theoldetowneapts.com/essential_grid/the-big-city-skyline/ Coach Adams Certifications
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Mobility
- USAW Cert
http://missouridrywall.com/about/ CrossFit Competitions
- Reindeer Games
- Greensboro NC War of the WODS
- Ashville, NC River Ruckus
- Ocala,FL REX Rumble
- Miami, FL Wodapalooza Twice
buy Lyrica from canada Coach Adam Fun Facts
- Favorite Movement: Muscle-Ups
- Favorite Lift: Clean
- Least Favorite Movement: Burpees
- Favorite WOD: “Cindy”
- Favorite Food: Any chicken (especially fried) and sweets
- Favorite Color: Red
- Favorite Drink: Pina Colada
- Hobbies: NASCAR, Golf, Ultimate Frisbee, and vacationing with Kelli
Welcome to the Family Adam and Kelli!