We all know Thanksgiving is the time of year to not only take extra time out of the day to show appreciation and thanks to those nearest and dearest to you but to also stuff your face accordingly. Everything is good in moderation, especially over indulging on some of the great tasting, but not so good for you, dishes served at Thanksgiving. However, if you’re eating healthy, good tasting food, that level of moderation can be upped just a little bit so you can eat more and not feel as guilty – or so we tell ourselves. To help you keep your fitness goals in check and decrease the amount of make-up WODs you’ll have to do after your Thanksgiving gorge, we’ve provided a healthy CrossFit Thanksgiving Recipe.
Our featured recipe this month is Cauliflower Rice Stuffing courtesy of thehealthymaven.com! Stuffing is a staple food at Thanksgiving and we are a fan of cauliflower recipes (see our Cauliflower Crust Tomato Basil Pizza Recipe), too. So we thought what better way to help you and share some healthy alternatives than to give you a chance to try something new this year!
- 2 medium heads of cauliflower
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 stalks of celery, sliced thinly
- 3 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 T poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
buy finasteride 1mg online uk Instructions
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until “rice” consistency is reached.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic and celery and sauté for 5 mins
- Add in cauliflower and cook for about 10 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until they’ve begun to sweat (about another 5 mins)
- Top with pecans, spices and vinegar and cook for 1 min.
- Serve warm or store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you’re ready to up your Thanksgiving game so you can continue to improve in the box or at our indoor cycling studio, give this recipe a try for a filling, delicious and healthy Thanksgiving day meal side dish. Then once you’re ready to get back in the box and work off the turkey, stuffing, green beans casserole, and pies, check out our schedule and keep an eye open for when we will be open after this coming holiday.
1 mg Proscalpin Happy Thanksgiving Coral Reefers!